“Just to let you know we suffered a break in at the society shop/hut last night?
A volunteer called into see what they have taken .
All 4 strimmers, 2 of them broken, 1 the battery one & the other one is just been given. They went through stationary drawer , metal cupboards .
Also a couple of boxes of weed killer sachets went.
Brian has fixed door shut from inside. shewill inform police later. Have also let Ceri know. On a positive note they didn’t trash the place..
So yet again:
- Did anyone notice anything yesterday eve- today afternoon? let us know about anything suspicious.
- Watch our shop and your huts. If you are out and about do a drive past, and keep an eye out for these scumbags. (they'll be doing locals over as well probably)
- Look out for your neighbours and let other sites know.
- If you see anything report it. If a break in is actually occurring phoning 999 it is acceptable if a criminal is in the act.
- If you find out afterwards it is 101 that you call. Still report it.
- Report things to Ceri at the allotments office.
- Mark your property - make it less saleable/easier to trace
- try not to store valuable kit on allotments.